About the Role
The Social Media Volunteer will perform a variety of tasks to grow the Brown Girls Swim Brand and Social Media Presence. This will include daily posting, launching engaging social media campaigns, increasing followers across social media platforms and other duties outlines by CEO.
· Collaborate to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space. You will own the strategy and the execution of the ideas.
· Help to create content across social media channels. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos.
· Create, manage and grow brand presence across social media channels, including blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
· Leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
· Must be able to attend swimming lessons to capture video and photos
· Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
About the Company
Brown Girls Swim is a black owned and operated organization that was founded in April 2021. Brown Girls Swim is committed to eliminating barriers that contribute to the minority gap in swimming today. Brown Girls Swim is is committed to changing the narrative and statistics surrounding people of color as it relates to swimming. Brown Girls Swim is an essential program needed in the New Orleans Community with a proven record of increasing community participation in swimming and creating a sense of community and space for people of color in aquatics where we are significantly underrepresented!